According to designer from across the globe, these were the most used tools by designers in 2017.Continue reading “The most popular tools of the year – 2017”
3 short lines of CSS (excluding vendor prefixes) using transform: translateY will vertically center whatever we want, even if we don’t know the elements height.Continue reading “Vertically center elements with 3 lines of code”
- Handwritten type – encompasses both printing and cursive styles and is separate from formal calligraphy or typeface.
Brush Up font | Ondise font | Goodfy font | Barber Shop font
- Google Fonts – interactive directory of free hosted application programming interfaces for web fonts.
Open Sans font | Roboto font | Oswald font
- Flat Design type – places a clear emphasis on simplicity, minimalism, and intelligibility.
Metros font | Marianina font |
Burne Alt font
- Mix & Match type – creates an artistic, handcrafted but still polished and purposeful look on a site.
Native font | Hoverage font |
Pacific Northwest Letters font
- Large Type – because of increased screen resolutions, the standard 12 point font is no longer as readable as it was before.
Cape Rock font| CPL Kirkwood font | Zona Black font
The power of REM and EM finally explained! You may have come to terms with using flexible units of measurement, but you still might not fully understand when to use REM and when to use EM. This tutorial will help you figure it out!
Both EM and REM are flexible, scalable units which are translated by the browser into pixel values, depending on the font size settings in your design. If you use a value of 1em or 1rem, it could translate in the browser as anything from 16px to 160px or any other value.
- Both REM and EM are relative units.
- EM children inherit size by scaling in relation to the parent font size.
- REM is only relative to the html (root) font-size.
- REM is best used to define the padding and margins.
- REM stands for “root em”.
- REM units help for responsive design.
- REM units are great for rapid prototyping.
- All sizes should be in REM units.
- REM units do not work in IE8.
Here is a list of quick notes on why designers fail at the task presented to them. Refrain from doing these things and you will be a success.
- No Ambition – Success takes a long time.
- No Plan – You’ve got to have a plan to not fail.
- No Point of View – Find your voice and sing loudly.
- Afraid of Criticism – Designers are private people.
- People Pleasers – Design for yourself.
- No Exposure – Exposure is critical for success.
- Pay Me Syndrome – “Show me the money” mentality.
- Runway Addiction – Putting on a fashion show.
- Wrong Starting Point – Chasing after the big prize.
- Saturated Market – We are global because of the internet.